Fleece fabrics are knitted textile and at least one side of this fabric will be brushed for loose and flappy soft feel. Basically fleece sweatshirts and sweatpants are made by fleece fabric with inside brushed to give warm and soft feel to body. Generally fleece fabric is both side brushed.
Composition of fleece fabric can be different. Usually casual sweatshirt and joggers are made of cotton blend fleece whereas fleece jackets are normally 100% polyester. Now-a-days manufacturers are producing eco friendly green fleece from recycle materials. This is used as recycled fabric.
Based on composition of material there can be different types of fleece fabric. Here find several types of fleece fabrics and their specification.
- Cotton or Cotton blend fleece: This is the most common fleece fabric in market for sweatshirts, pullover, hoodie and joggers which is made of 100% Cotton or different cotton blends like polyester. Usually inner side is brushed of this type and outer surface is plain.
- Polyester fleece: This is 100% polyester fleece and now-a-days this is becoming popular type for its price and softness. Usually this is one side brushed quality and outer side is plain with anti-pilling finishing for better repelling moisture.
- Spandex Fleece: Spandex fleece contains majorly cotton composition with some lycra to make it stretchy fabric. This is popular as sportwear fabric and GYM clothes textile.
- Polar Fleece: This is very thick and warmer fleece. Blankets and winter clothes in colder weather are made of this fleece. This is mostly both side brushed fabric.
- Micro-fleece: This is also double side brushed fleece but is comparatively thin and soft because of using high filament yarn. Because of its lightweight and high filament properties, this does a great job for wicking moisture away from body. Performance and sports wear are commonly made from micro fleece fabric.
- French Terry fleece: This type of fleece has no brush finish on both sides but inside knitted loops are too long which gives a fluffy feel. Its outer surface is flatter.
- Slub Fleece: When slub yarn is using to make fleece and generate slub effect on fabric, this is called slub fleece.
- Sherpa fleece: This is also a 100% Polyester fleece with both side brushed surfaces. This fabric is too much fluffy which is better use for lining of warm clothes. Also ladies jacket contains this fleece in collar
Specifications of some Fleece Fabrics:
Texture: Single Side Brushing / Both Side Brushing/ Inner side brushing and outer side brushing with anti-pilling finish
Available weights: 120 / 140 / 160 / 180 / 200 /220 / 240/280/300 (GSM Available as Per Buyer Requirement also)
Width Available: 60” / 72” / 82” / 90”
Composition Available: 100% Polyester, 60% Cotton 40% Polyester, 65% Polyester 35% Cotton, 95%Polyester 5% Lycra
Jackets / Inside lining / Blankets / Safety wear Gloves / Active wear / Home Fixtures / Garments / CP Fitting Covers / Hotel Towels / Cleaning and Polishing / Baby Diapers / Sanitary Pads